- e-Boks as data controller
- Purposes, lawfulness of processing and categories of personal data
- Recipients or categories of recipients
- Transfer to recipients in third countries, including international organisations
- Where do your personal data come from?
- Storage of your personal data
- Your rights
1. e-Boks as data controller
Please note that in relation to the content of the digital postbox, messages from/to end-users are subject to the end-user’s right of disposal and title, regardless of whether such end-users are enterprises or private end-users. e-Boks is not the data controller of personal data processed, stored and displayed in the digital postbox, regardless of whether the end-user is an enterprise or a private end-user.
1.1 Content of the digital postbox of enterprises
1.2 Content of the digital postbox of private individuals
1.3 How do you contact us?
You are always welcome to contact us or our Data Protection Officer if you have any questions about your rights or about how we process your personal data.
e-Boks Nordic A/S
Hans Bekkevolds Allé 7
CVR no.: 25674154
Telephone: +45 70 21 24 00
2. Purposes, lawfulness of processing and categories of personal data
e-Boks processes your personal data as part of its activities, including:
- to be able to make e-Boks’ services/products available;
- for administrative purposes, including for administration of our whistleblower scheme, communication with sender customers, end-users and other stakeholders etc.;
- to be able to provide support assistance;
- to be able to send newsletters and market our products and services;
- for anonymised statistics and analysis;
- for product development and improvement of e-Boks’ services.
e-Boks processes your personal data based on different types of lawfulness of processing, including:
- on the basis of your prior consent, see. for example, Article 6(1)(a) of the General Data Protection Regulation and Article 9(2) of the General Data Protection Regulation. You have the right to withdraw any granted consent at any time. If you choose to withdraw your consent, this will not affect the lawfulness of our processing of your personal data based on your previously granted consent and up to the time of your withdrawal thereof. If you withdraw your consent, it will therefore only take effect from this point onwards;
- to perform a contract with you, see Article 6(1)(b) of the General Data Protection Regulation;
- because the processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which e-Boks is subject as data controller, see Article 6(1)(c) of the General Data Protection Regulation;
- in specific circumstances to pursue a legitimate interest, see Article 6(1)(f) of the General Data Protection Regulation. The legitimate interests that justify the processing may include improvement of our services, responding to your enquiries or the like.
e-Boks processes a number of ordinary personal data about you such as:
- login details
- data that you have yourself entered etc. in our systems, for example payment details and data in connection with requests for support assistance;
- data on your communication with e-Boks;
- data on activities in your digital postbox;
- contact details, including name, email address, address;
- other identification data, including civil registration number, and
- data on the operating system of your computer and your mobile device, including the chosen browser and IP address.
3. Recipients or categories of recipients
e-Boks treats your personal data as confidential, but we may disclose them to the following third parties if this is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation:
- affiliated companies;
- IT suppliers and third parties that process your data;
- registered sending authorities and enterprises;
- e-Boks’ partners, where this is necessary to provide you with an e-Boks service.
Such disclosure will always be done in compliance with applicable law, and the recipients have a legal obligation to process your personal data securely and confidentially.
4. Transfer to recipients in third countries, including international organisations
We store your personal data in the EU/EEA. If, in exceptional cases, we transfer your personal data to data processors outside the EU/EEA, we will ensure lawfulness of processing for the transfer in accordance with the data protection legislation in force at any time. You can get further information about the lawfulness of processing for the specific transfer from the above contact details.
5. Where do your personal data come from?
e-Boks processes personal data about you based on your data, including data provided by you when you register as a user of e-Boks services, when you request support, when you want to receive newsletters etc., when you participate in user surveys, when you visit our home pages, when you want to communicate with e-Boks and when you provide data for use by e-Boks for administrative purposes.
6. Storage of your personal data
We will only keep your personal data for as long as necessary to perform the purposes described above and/or as required by the applicable law. To a wide extent, you may, as a data subject, erase the processed personal data yourself. In addition, we process your personal data based on the criteria laid down in e-Boks’ data storage and erasure policy in force at any time.
7. Your rights
In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation, you have a number of rights in relation to our processing of your data.
Right to see data (right of access)
You have a right of access to the data that we process about you.
Right to rectification (correction)
You have a right to have inaccurate data about you rectified.
Right to erasure
In special cases, you have the right to have data about you erased
Right to restriction of processing
In certain cases, you have the right to have the processing of your personal data restricted
Right to object
In certain cases, you have the right to object to our otherwise lawful processing of your personal data.
Right to transmit data (data portability)
In certain cases, you have the right to receive your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
Right to complain
If you have any questions or wish to complain to e-Boks regarding the processing of personal data, you can contact us at the above contact details. You also have a right to lodge a complaint with the Danish Data Protection Agency at the address: Datatilsynet, Carl Jacobsens Vej 35, DK-2500 Valby.
Version 2- 2022/03