Our vision is to create better digital societies, and with this vision, we also wish to keep contributing to the sustainable development of the society through the digital transformation we have experienced in Europe the last few years.
In relation to this, we decided to join the UN’s Global Compact the 28th of April 2018. UN’s Global Compact is an international initiative from the United Nations to strengthen the international work on social responsibility. Through the membership of Global Compact, e-Boks is committed to acknowledge and live by the 4 overarching themes from the UN: Human Rights, Labour, Environment and Anti-Corruption.
As a member of UN’s Global Compact, e-Boks has also committed to actively advocate the message within the 10 principles and to use these as an asset actively in our company’s daily work.
UN Global Compact’s 10 principles:
The company should:
- Support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights.
- Make sure that they are not complicit in human rights abuses.
- Uphold the freedom of association and the effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining.
- Support the elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labour.
- Support the effective abolition of child labour.
- Support the elimination of discrimination in respect of employment and occupation.
- Support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges.
- Undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility.
- Encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies.
- Work against corruption in all its forms, including extortion and bribery.
With more than 27 Mill. logins each month on the e-Boks platform, we are in connection with many citizens in Europe. We live by delivering a secure and stabile platform for exchange and storing of personal documents, and we are proud of the trust, our customers and users show us.
We would like to build upon our contribution for the sustainable development and take an active role in UN’s Global Compact and the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). The goals all aim for the sustainable development, and the essence in SDG is to “leave no-one behind” – sustainable development cannot happen if someone if left behind.
Specifically, we work with UN´s Global Goals, where we have placed Responsible production (SDG 12) and The citizens' right to data protection (SDG 16) at the center of our business and services.
Here is an overview of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals:
FACTS: e-Boks and FN's Global Compact
- e-Boks has since its beginning in 2001 established its business by delivering sustainable digital solutions.
- The over 610 Mill. documents that are sent through e-Boks each year, saves the society more than 10.065 metric tons of paper.
- e-Boks vision is to create better digital societies, and with this vision it is also a wish to keep contributing to the sustainable development of the society through the digital transformation