Since our beginning in 2001, e-Boks has established its business by delivering sustainable digital solutions and is today an important infrastructural component – not only in the Danish society, but also across Europe, where we in total have passed more than 16 Mill. users. Every year, together with our customers and users, we save the society more than 8.002 metric tons of paper, when companies and public authorities send documents through e-Boks. More than 485 Mill. documents were sent through e-Boks in 2018.
Our vision is to create better digital societies, and with this vision it is also a wish to keep contributing to the sustainable development of the society through the digital transformation, we have experienced in Europe the last years. In relation to this, we decided to join the UN’s Global Compact the 28th of April 2018. UN’s Global Compact is an international initiative from the United Nations to strengthen the international work on social responsibility. Through the membership of Global Compact, e-Boks is committed to acknowledge and live by the 4 overarching themes from the UN: Human Rights, Labour, Environment and Anti-Corruption.
As a member of UN’s Global Compact, e-Boks has also committed to actively advocate the message within the 10 principles and to use these as an asset actively in our company’s daily work.
UN Global Compact’s 10 principles:
The company should:
- Support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights.
- Make sure that they are not complicit in human rights abuses.
- Uphold the freedom of association and the effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining.
- Support the elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labour.
- Support the effective abolition of child labour.
- Support the elimination of discrimination in respect of employment and occupation.
- Support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges.
- Undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility.
- Encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies.
- Work against corruption in all its forms, including extortion and bribery.
How e-Boks will execute its CSR policy
With more than 25 Mill. logins each month on the e-Boks platform, we are in connection with many citizens in Europe. We live by delivering a secure and stabile platform for exchange and storing of personal documents, and we are proud of the trust, our customers and users show us.
We would like to build upon our contribution for the sustainable development and take an active role in UN’s Global Compact and the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). The goals all aim for the sustainable development, and the essence in SDG is to “leave no-one behind” – sustainable development cannot happen if someone if left behind.
This is the 17 Sustainable Development Goals:
The work with SDG is an ongoing process, and our goal is that it should be incorporated into all e-Boks departments daily work, and by doing so affect the way we do business.
e-Boks works with social responsibility by supporting the following SDG: 12 and 16.
We support the goals by:
- Creating sustainable digital solutions that benefits our customers and users and create better digital societies;
- Creating increased economic growth in society by offering national and international distribution of documents between private and public organisations;
- Offering an environmental better alternative to traditional post distribution;
- Working towards reducing our customers, users, subcontractors and own effect on the environment and climate through less use of paper;
- Offering a single efficient platform for secure digital distribution of documents;
- Securing personal information for our customers and co-workers through usage of known security and distribution standards;
- Collaborating with security- and workplace-representatives to secure our co-workers and subcontractors fair working conditions which follows international conventions and national legislation;
- Securing own and subcontractors co-workers is not being exposed to discrimination in relation to their work and employment.
Read more about our commitment to support the UN's Global Compact here or in our Communication on Progress 2018 report:
Besides this, e-Boks has the past many years been engaged in the world of sports, because we would like to take responsibility and support health and well-being through an active life with sports and exercises. We are involved in both Danish elite sports and by advocating the common sport in Denmark through our partnership with Team Denmark and the NOC and Sports Confederation of Denmark. Together, we have developed “The Danish Sports Price”, which salutes the local sport in Denmark. Also, in Norway and Sweden we are supporting the local sports through donations for local activities in sport clubs.
We are hosting the Children-aid Day together with Caroline Wozniacki in a yearly tennis event that benefits children placed and living outside their families, where we focus on health and good role models.
We are also involved in the Danish yearly fund-raising, where we through donation have supported charity, where funds is invested to improve poverty and the living conditions for people around the world.
And finally in 2018 we have established a new collaboration with GoodWings, a social responsible hotel booking, which works with SDG and donates 50% of their income on planes and hotels to NGO-partners who support the 17 SDG. In 2018, GoodWings Denmark donated 250.000DKK to SDG.